Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rounge Weekend Drink of the Week

It's getting late into the year, the temperature is dropping and it's getting dark earlier. However, the rounge still parties late into the night, trying desperately to grasp on to the fleeting summer. We say keep your egg nogs, hot toddies and muddled ciders to yourself; we're still drinking cold beers on the patio and taking shots of CnP until 4 a.m.

Late-night partying often requires late-morning pick me ups. I propose that the bloody mary be this week's drink of the week; it's the perfect way to ward off Friday's hangover and begin a college-football packed Saturday afternoon, and it's a refreshing way to wind down on Sunday evening, while watching a chilling new episode of Dexter.

6 comments:

  1. I propose dirty shirley temples this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Switching it up from your usual Bailey's + creme de menthe on the rocks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dark and stormy - Ginger beer and dark rum. Makes me wish I were richer and that I own a big sailboat with tons of mahogany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish everything I owned were made out Mahogany. Per a previous post, I will advocate the Bloody Oscar- double the wodka. Particularly awesome with a full bloody bar. My parents (visiting from out of town) are going to enjoy Brunch! But as a rule, bloodies of all types cannot be consumed after 3pm... by that point your hangover should have transformed to a solid buzz, and you can switch to beers/drinks/shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not necessarily the hugest bloody mary fan (although the bloody oscar sounds appealing), I will partake...after all, one for rounge and rounge for all.

    Do we even need to make mention of the horseradish component? Or do we assume we're all gentleman enough to know that it must be LOADED with HR in order to be a real bloody?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's wrong with tea? I like a nice Lady Gray in the morning.

    Realisticly, you need to bite the fur of the dog that bit you, or something. In that case, since I have a dog, that means biting the fur of my dog. But once that's done I usually like to, in the immortal words of Jim Morrison, "[wake] up one morning and grab myself a beer." Because the future is indeed uncertain and the end is indeed always near.

    ReplyDelete